This sweet potato recipe is easy to make after a long day where all you want to do is sit down and relax. This spin on a favorite comfort food could be the main course of your dinner or split between the family for a tasty side dish.
When I eat this as a meal, I add chopped chicken or beef for a boost of protein and satisfaction. Anything goes – Use what works for you.
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup of dark greens (spinach, kale, chard etc. )
- ⅛ cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ chicken breast, cooked and chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (I love cheddar!)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potato and cut a ½ inch deep line around the middle.
- Microwave for 7-10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Scoop out flesh, and leave the skins to the side (don’t throw them away!).
- Mash the sweet potato in a bowl with milk and butter.
- Stir in greens, carrots, chicken, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Put the filling back into the sweet potato skins, and put on a tray or in tinfoil (I find it is more stable if I make a boat out of tinfoil for the sweet potato!).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and bake until the cheese on top is golden, which takes about 8-12 minutes!
What are your favorite foods to make after a long day? Share below in the comments.