For many people trying to reach a healthy natural weight, a retreat can be a great way to step outside of your environment, so you can learn new behaviors without the distraction of everyday life. While there are a number of weight loss-focused retreat options out there (and some are certainly better than others), I’ve personally been to Green Mountain At Fox Run and can tell you it’s different.
First, and foremost, it’s not focused on weight loss — it’s focused on self care. It’s definitely a place worth checking out, if you haven’t already. For more information about their programs and services you can visit their website at www.fitwoman.com. They help you to learn more about yourself in order to improve your self care, and to help you achieve real wellness (not just in terms of your scale weight).
I encourage anyone to subscribe to their newsletter or check out their blog — both are worthwhile reads. One of their latest newsletters featured this carrot cake recipe that sounded too delicious not to share. The recipe can be found below, or you can visit their website — enjoy!
Carrot Cake Recipe (Serves 18)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cups canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare an 8 by 13 inch glass pan with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, and oil well. Slowly mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Blend wet and dry ingredients together, being careful to not over mix.
- Once blended, fold in the carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake in oven at 375° F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting.
Do you have a favorite recipe you’d like to share?
Leave a comment below and tell me what recipe you love to make when you’re craving something sweet. Maybe I will feature it in my next e-newsletter…coming soon!